- Disaster Waste Management Information Site Top page
- Initiatives in Regional Blocks
Initiatives in Regional Blocks
Regional Block Conferences
- In order to strengthen regional disaster waste management, regional block conferences established in eight locations across Japan call on a wide range of participants. These participants include Regional Environmental Offices as well as local governments, enterprises and other institutions involved in the treatment of local waste.
- Under non-emergency circumstances, the regional block conferences and liaison conferences have the goal of formulating disaster waste management action plans for each regional block. They coordinate among the participants involved, provide advice on formulating local governments' treatment plans prior to conducting joint drills in each regional block, and assist local governments with conducting their drills.
Date of Establishment
- Hokkaido Conference on Waste Management During Large-Scale Disasters: Nov 2015
- Tohoku Liaison Conference on Regional Disaster Waste: Aug 2014
- Kanto Block Conference on Waste Management During Large-Scale Disasters: Nov 2014
- Chubu Block Conference on Waste Management During Large-Scale Disasters: Oct 2014
- Kinki Block Conference on Waste Management in Large-Scale Disasters: Jan 2015
- Chugoku Block Conference on Disaster Waste: Oct 2014
- Shikoku Block Conference on Disaster Waste: Sept 2014
- Kyushu Block Conference on Waste Management During Disasters: Jan 2015
Ministry of the Environment, regional branch offices of relevant agencies, prefectural governments, major municipalities, local private-sector enterprises, experts, etc.